{Followers}

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

May God Be Glorified

I can still remember Mom's words, "she's pregnant...but there are complications. While she's at the hospital, Cara will be staying here." Cara, my best friend told me that night, "She has cancer . . . I almost fainted when I found out." From there it all news from the family that came from the doctor. "Neither you or the baby will survive." "You need to abort." Gilead Victor was born. God was given glory. "The cancer is gone." God was given the glory. "It's back, stronger and harder." They went to Arizona for a different kind of treatment. Though the cancer was still there, she was mostly healthy. She was doing fine. God was given the glory. "It's time for you to go home." She didn't get worse for some time.

(June 20) "I haven't been feeling as well lately. Most days I have periods of nausea, and I've been losing weight again....Meanwhile, while we hope for healing, I realize that's probably not what's happening."

Her health rapidly declined.

VERY rapidly.

A few days later, the hospice were there. Family was flying in. She was saying goodbye to her friends.

Now is God being glorified?

37 years old. Seven children under the age of 15. She just had her 16th wedding anniversary.
"Why is this happening?" I cried in agony. Cara is my best friend. My parents won't even let me see her. Her mother is dying. A slow, painful death. "God, could this be worse?"

Yes, it could.

Cara came down with the chicken pox. All the children were sent to different homes to keep their mother from getting shingles. Then she got even worse. The pain is terrible. She was sent to a hospice home.

The children are away.

God, let them see each other one last time. Let them have their last goodbyes.

"My heart is breaking," her husband says.

What a testimony this man has! The best pastor I know! His faith has been so strong during this three year journey. Pray that he will keep looking to God, and that he would find daily comfort in His word. Pray for the children. Cara is 14. I know, as a 14 year old, that this is when I needed my mother the most, but Cara won't have hers in the future. She's the oldest child, all the children look up to her. Pray for John. I think of all the children, he is having the hardest time with this. Help him to fill the emptiness in his heart with God's love. Pray for Gilead in the future years. He's so young, he probably won't even remember his mother when he grows up. Pray for all the other children. I heard that all of them understood long ago that their mother was going to a better place. I think most of them, in a way, are ready to give her up, but OH HOW HARD IT MUST BE.

Pray for me, that I would be an encouragement to this family, especially Cara. For reasons I don't understand, I am not able to communicate with Cara much. We get an average of 3 hours per year together, which is hard enough itself, but since I feel obligated to be there for her, it makes it SUPER hard that I cannot communicate with her because of what seems to be selfishness on the part of others.

Please also pray that my spirit would yield to God's will. I do not feel willing to let God take control, and let Him take my friend's mother to Heaven.

Pray that no matter what, I would give God the glory.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's Mom. I will definitely be praying for you and the family.

Love you.