{Followers}

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's all a part of me, and that's who I am

Yellow! This is for anybody who WASN'T satisfied with reading JUST my profile. After all, those things can only hold so much information. I guess we'll begin with my life story. Well, what has occurred so far, that is.
I was born in Steamboat Springs, CO, and lived there for the first 7 years of my life. It was/is pretty much the awesomest place on earth. Well, I say that, because it's home. And because the country around there is BEAUTIFUL. I used to live right under a mountain. "The Sleeping Giant" to be exact. Well, other boring people call it "Elk Hill" but there's little scope for the imagination in that name, right? Anyway, my life there was really awesome. Climbing hills every day, tubing and snowmobiling in the winter, going down the road and wading in streams, and having picnics, ect. Like I said, it was pretty awesome. I forgot to mention: I have two older sisters, one five years older than me, and one four years older, and I was/am/probably will be homeschooled all my life.
Anyway, I had one friend who I loved VERY much. I always looked forward to Sundays and Wednesdays when I could see her. We were like pickles and mustard. Don't ask HOW we were like pickles and mustard, but we were. ANYWAY, we were really close. Like bread and butter, I guess. But then, bread and butter are only close when you PUT them together . . . sooo . . . we were like THIS. **crosses fingers** One night, a college group came over to our church, and did some fun stuff with the kids. The church was small enough that we didn't have, or need a regular children's programme {I LOVE THAT SPELLING!!}. At the end of the bible story, they asked if any of us wanted to come forward to accept Jesus as our Savior. I knew I hadn't done that, and I didn't see the need then, but I remembered my friend had said that SHE did it, and since we were best friends, we were supposed to do everything the same, right? So, I went and said a prayer, just to be like my best friend.
Well, a couple years later, we moved. Dad didn't really like his job, and so he decided to get a new one. In the city. Sorry to all you city lovers out there, but I really, really, really don't like it. In fact...I can't really name anything good about it. So, if you can help me see something cool about cities in general, PLEASE TELL ME!!! And in the middle of the great move...Mom had a baby. My dear little brother, Seth. <3 After a few months, we joined a very small church. When I say VERY, I mean very.
By this time I was really lonely. I had two sisters, who "lived" in the basement, and I was on the second floor. We pretty much only saw eachother during meal times. I felt like I wasn't really wanted in my family, because I didn't have any real friends at home. And I'd moved away from my best friend, and both of us pretty much hated writing, so we couldn't keep in touch that well. I got yelled at a lot, too. I guess I annoyed my brother. Like, a lot, and his annoyance annoyed everybody else, and they never realized how hard I tried to be a better sister. So, because Seth was always upset with me {sometimes for no reason}, I always got yelled at for every little thing, even if I had NOTHING to do with it. And since my sisters were always having a blast together, I felt left out, and useless.
After a couple years, our church moved to a place that was about 2 minutes from my house, and a few people stopped coming, including the family of one of my few real friends. So, it became a VERY EXTREMELY small church.
But there was somebody new there. An elderly lady, about 80 years old, who happened to have a bible club for kids in her house. Like, 4 houses down from me {and she'd lived there the WHOLE time...if that tells you anything about how social our neighborhood is}. So, I started going to the club.
One night, at the end, she asked all the kids to raise their hands if they knew they were saved. I'd been telling them I was truly saved for a LONG time. I started to think about it. What was being a Christian? What did it really mean to let God be your King? Was I going to heaven? I realized that I wasn't. I'd lied to myself - and everybody else - for years. That night, I made a choice. I chose to humiliate myself in front of all the people there, and not raise my hand...I chose to go into her kitchen, and I chose to pray. I chose to accept Jesus's free gift. I chose to let God take over my life. I chose God. March 26, 2007. That was the day I stopped dying. That was the day I started living. And looking back at that day, all I can say is: PRAISE THE LORD!<3!<3
About a year after that, we left our church for certain reasons.
I really didn't want to do that. Even though I didn't like the kids there, I DID NOT want to start looking for a new church to go to. I had memories of going to a new church, and if anybody DID talk to me, they had a "I'm-so-way-cooler-than-this-girl" attitude. There was one church that I really liked, but my family didn't. We started visiting different churches...boring churches. I thought the people were boring, the music was boring, and so were the sermons. But I was used to boring services, I only cared about the hard chairs. One week, Dad and Mom {how come people always say "Mom and Dad"??} decided to visit a church we'd tried to go to when we first moved here. When we first went we weren't impressed with it, and walked out. But since then, my sisters had gone to camp. They didn't go with a youth group, so they got put in with a random one. The one that happened to be from that very church. And my sisters said that it was the best youth group they had ever seen! Everybody seemed so hungry for God, and were focused on the right things.
So, we went there. The music was amazing. The congregational hymns had FEELING. Like the people actually meant what they were singing. The choir made mom cry. And I'm pretty sure the floor was vibrating on account of the orchestra. {Random fact about me: I can't say "vibrate" or any tense of the word. I always put an "a" in there. "viabrate" yeah...} I still can't get over the preaching. For the first time in my life, I couldn't get my attention OFF of the sermon! Pastor S had my full attention. It was the first time I remember kneeling before God, convicted on my sin at a church. And then Sunday school. I walked into the door and all the girls greeted me with smiling faces. They GREETED me. Of their own accord. And my Sunday School teacher actually seemed interested in me. I never knew what I'd been missing until I went there. And afterwards, my sisters told us about the youth group. Some of the kids formed their own little prayer groups. Of their own accord. {Without outside intervention, as my dictionary says.} So, eventually, we joined the church.
I was baptized at that church, and we're still attending there. And it's still as amazing as ever. Unfortunately, I had to leave my AWESOME Sunday School class, but I love my youth group, even if I miss the good old 4-6th grade class! I had an awesome time at camp in 2009, and 2010, and I got some things straightened out in my life, and got rid of a LOT of the bitterness I was carrying around in my heart. So here I come to 2011, and even though I'm not even a month in, God has been working a lot in my life.
So, this is pretty much where I am right now. =) I hope you enjoyed it! But I'm quite afraid it was probably very boring for you all. BUT, if any of you want more, I'll tell you random things about me.

1. I say random things in the middle of sentences. You might have already caught on to that.
2. I <3 food, ESP pickles and mustard. And I often go by the name "Anteater" because I eat ants...I really don't gross out easily, and I love holding bleeding worms in my hand. =D
3. I took a year of piano, a year of violin, and now I'm taking voice. I loved all 3, but voice is my favorite!
4. I don't have a favorite hymn - I love them all.
5. I don't listen to rock, jazz, rap, pop, or country music, even if the word "Christian" is in front of it.
6. I hate hats. Ok, I don't hate hats, in fact, I think hats are SUPER cute, but I can't bear to wear them.
7. I prefer dark chocolate over milk, but I love them both. My three favorite chocolitey things are chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate covered coffee beans, and dark chocolate with {dried} blueberries inside. <3
8. When it comes to berries {and grapes} I like them about 75% better when they're frozen. Even in the winter.
9. I've only found 2 pairs of comfortable pants - a pair of black shorts, which go just to my knee, and a pair of American Eagle jeans, which are only semi-sorta-kinda comfortable. So, I mostly wear skirts.
10. I prefer barefoot to any kind of shoe. And I rarely wear socks and/or slippers.
11. I am NOT sportsy. At ALL. I have three favorite games: Chain tag, do you know your neighbor, and trench dodge ball. All others are pure torture.
12. Speaking of games, I <3 CATCH PHRASE!!
13. I love, love, love, love, love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 to IM. It's like...ya know, only the best thing EVER!!
14. Two of my very best friends live VERY, VERY far away. I currently hate Arizona, because it has taken away a few of my awesome friends, and I love Canada, because it holds amazingness condensed into one girl. {HEE, HEE, I LOOOVE YOU, HANNAH!!!}
15. Notice I said "very best friends". I have four "very best friends" and everybody else is my best friend. =) Believe it or not, one of my VBFs is 15, and another is 10. =P
16. I'm writing a book. I'm getting very close to the end, but it needs a LOT AND A LOT AND A LOT AND A LOT of editing. I'm also helping write a series about Narnia.
17. I am often called "The Girl With a Million Names" because I have a ton of nicknames. Lizzie, Lisa, Rachelle {the Random}, Elsey, {those two come from the books I'm writing}, anteater, mustard, zebra, Mr. Collins {AHHHH}, Thommy {Thom}, Angelica Marie {Angie}, T-Marie, TM, Trademark, Erzi, Erroneous, Lizzie-Lou, Peach Nuzz {don't even ask}, Penelope {still confused about this one. My brother calls me this, and has me call him Tim....I think it has something to do with airplanes, and ghosts}, Chicken {as in "MOOOO"}, Cocoa, Incon {as in inconceivable} , and a ton more. Take your pick, or make a new one. =P
18. I am not a cat lover. At all. There might be one or two good cats out there, who knows?
19. I <3 jewelry. And sweaters. I have a weakness for them.
20. Because of #19, Kohl's is my favorite store. They have AMAZING sweaters, and lovely jewelry.

That's all for now! I hope you weren't bored out of your minds! There's a lot more to know about me, but you will probably find out about it later. TTYL! ~The Girl With a Million Names { P.S. Tigger is my favorite Winnie the Pooh character, and I love the old Tom and Jerry shows!}

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Great post! I enjoyed reading your life story. ;) Now, I am examing my life. haha! LighthouseBC is awesome! great music, great preaching. I love it!
~Ham~
P.S. you spelled "Chikin" wrong! :-o

Abby said...

I really enjoyed this! I love reading other people's life stories. ♥


Abby :D

Anonymous said...

Wooow. Long post. I know WAY more about you now. :D

Unknown said...

Awesome! I really enjoyed hearing more about you!!! :)
Wow, that is a lot of names!!!! ;D

Andrea said...

hehe. I'd have to agree, Steamboat is awesome. And the most beautiful place ever. And considering I know who your best friend {in Steamboat} was, it makes our relationship all the more awkward. Isn't it amazing? :P

Lizzie said...

Grace: just because I'm over obsessed with the word "moo"'doesn't mean I'm a cow, or that I have to spell like one!

Abby, Lynne and Miriam: I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

Andrea the Awesome: how does that make it awkward? And I am missing SS and everybody there like craziness! Tell the white cross behind the church that I miss it. Preferably when there are a lot of people around: I want you to be embarrassed!

~Lizzie